Another great recipe from readers just like you! Amanda writes: "Before trying 4HB, I use to make this soup with dairy, but it's been modified to fit the 4HB mold and I love it! You can cook it in a slow cooker or in a large pot. I usually use a large pot."
- olive oil - 1 tbs.
- yellow onion - 1 large (chopped)
- ground turkey - 1 lbs.
- red bell pepper - 1/2 whole
- kidney beans - 1 can (not drained)
- pinto beans - 1 can (not drained)
- tomatoes with green chiles - 2 cans (sometimes I blend the tomatoes from my garden and add green chiles instead)
- corn - 1 can (drained)
- green chiles - 1 can
- taco seasoning - 2 packets (McCormicks Original is the only brand I currently know of that doesn't contain MSG or "natural flavor")
- cilantro - 1 bunch fresh (optional)
- romaine hearts - 3 whole
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in your large pot
- Saute onions
- Add ground turkey and brown with onions
- Add taco seasoning and fresh cilantro to pot
- Add remaining canned ingredients (kidney beans, pinto beans, tomatoes, corn, green chiles)
- Cook until soup is hot. (if you cook down the liquid, you can more easily make romaine lettuce wraps with the soup)
- Serve with Romaine lettuce leaves
Photo by Cassidy